Tuesday, November 27, 2007

New Position just for the Teen Area


Hi, I'm Cara, the new Americorps*VISTA at Burlington's library. I studied English at Middlebury College, and in the two years since I left Vermont I have been teaching environmental education in gorgeous places across the Western hemisphere.
And now I’m here to enable your every wish! Well, not quite fairy-godmother style, but I’ll do my best…
My job will be to see what ideas you have for Young Adult materials and programming, and then to raise money and other resources to make it happen.
I'm psyched about lots of possibilities, including gaming nights, internet searching contests, book groups, decorating the teen space, printing a magazine, and programs to learn computer applications. (And that's just the beginning...)

Come check out the new space, post a quick review on the bulletin board, or make a request for a book, audio book or DVD you don't see in our catalog.

You can get involved now! Sign up at the library or email me to join the Teen Advisory Board and get control over what happens with teen services! (clovell@ci.Burlington.vt.us)
Or, put your name on a list to volunteer (and get community service credit) shelving books in the youth section.

Hope to see you soon...

No comments: